Things to do

Wednesday 25 May 2011


I have a massive to do list, but then thats no surprise, doesn't everyone? That isn't really the point of this post though, but as I wrote the title a 'to do' list popped up into my head! What I really meant to say was I want to turn my photos into other things - things that are more touchable and real than film negs or digital files and I am not sure yet, what other things to turn them in to? I have been researching all sorts of avenues which I shan't bore you with yet but one of the things I am definitely hoping to so is really big posters and last night I got home to a test proof which looks so good, the print quality is great and the paper is fab. So hopefully sometime soon(ish) I will be opening up my very own little internet shop. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that it goes OK won't you, its a little scary! I have also been researching some other avenues and can't stop thinking about patterns and collages and cutting holes in things - is that healthy do you think?!

4 comments:

Clare B said...

I love the idea of turning photographs into something else - I've seen a few lamps that I really love and I'm also quite smitten with the idea of embroidery superimposed in places onto photographs. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

The photo in the post is so beautiful! I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your testing and researching! It's something I know I'm probably going to want to do someday and will likely be terrifying. Best of luck and I can't wait to see the results!

Natacha Maria said...

Have you seen work by Sally Mankus? http://www.sallymankus.com/mixedmedia/pink-napkin.html

Caroline Hancox said...

I hadn't but I've just had a look and its really interesting, thanks Natacha

Caroline Hancox Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger