Some Photos

Tuesday 6 August 2013



Today I stumbled across the work of  Tim Melideo and more specifically his zines which I have completely fallen for, got over excited and bought a couple (or 3).  The zines were a way for him to keep up with his personal work whilst working as a commercial photographer.  "Plunging directly into commercial photography, Tim realized that his sense of art needed just as much attention as his commercial endeavors. Tim came up with the idea to publish an annual zine titled Some Photos Zine, each documenting a specific theme" (quote from Tim found via VSCO journal).  

By setting himself little projects and deadlines every month he was forced to get out there and shoot some stuff for no other reason than just for the hell of it.  This is something that I have spoken about before that I struggle with and I am going to take a leaf out of his book and set myself little projects too.  I particularly like his one of 'Some trees on their own'.  They are really simple little ideas but so effective and just give you that little edge to go out and produce stuff.  This was something that Joanna Brown and I talked about when I went to see her and it seems her advice did sink in (yay!) as I have been subconsciously doing it myself over the summer (I have developed a liking for taking photos of washing lines, although this isn't a new liking, see photo above from Macedonia years ago, but the love has been rekindled, more on this in another post!)


What I guess I am saying is that I think his idea is fab and I am going to try and integrate something like this into my everyday life starting with Some Washing Lines and then moving onto Some Trees!



0 comments:

Caroline Hancox Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger